11.07.2012

anna's baby dedication

Having a baby around when the family is together really does change things. And I mean for the better! She spends much less time in any kind of chair or bouncy seat as one of us is always in line to hold her next. Each visit (which we make happen as often as possible) brings something new - laughs and rolling over and cereal-eating. And what we miss in between weekend visits we share over endless group texts.

With these beautiful nieces of mine, I'm more and more thankful for the closeness that our parents have instilled in all of us. Really, we border on overly involved. But in the best possible way. To me that means that when my two girls have grown into teenagers, I'll be a secondary source for those adorably embarrassing bath time photos. And, hopefully, I'll still be [cool] Aunt Meg who does her best to not miss a thing.

Our last visit centered around Anna's Baby Dedication. With that brought lunch planning and table settings and dress shopping and church service photos and family game night [where D and I FINALLY gave everyone else a run for their money on pie count].

[Baby-passing while we're out to eat is my favorite pastime.]
[She's a fine baby!]
[Tootsie and her jealousy problems.]
[My favorite family of four.]
 

I guess that's enough baby bragging for now. I'm off to rig up a tripod so we can take our Christmas card picture before the Groupon expires. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment