6.24.2014

a baby shower for jan

I'd bet that our Sunday School class holds the record for the most-frequent throwing of baby showers. Which is wonderful, of course, because there's always a new little one to pass around at the next gathering. Soon that will be Jan's baby boy, and we can't wait to meet him!








My favorite part of baby showers? Even though I love a flower arrangement or Jessica's amazing vanilla bean scones, it's that moment where it feels like the official shower has ended. It's when some have trickled out [though I hate to see anyone leave!] and those left go back for seconds on the biscuit bar and thirds on the lavender lemonade. It's when friends curl their legs up on our deep couch and prop their feet up on the ottoman. It's when conversations bounce around from obsessions with the Duggars (guilty) to real and current struggles and excitements. It's my favorite part. 

2 comments:

  1. As much as I love having a fourth cup of your rocket fuel tea, I have to agree with you!! Definitely the best part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meagan Mac Jenkins, I miss you and your beautiful outlook on life. Promise to come back if I ever have a wedding or shower, k?

    I want you to curl your legs up on my couch and tell me all about South Carolina life.

    ReplyDelete