1.25.2011

three.


Currently dwelling on the beauty of this passage:

"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matthew 6:25-33

and this one too:

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 10:29-32

When reading the second group of verses, does anyone else picture Lauren Hill and Tanya Blount singing "His Eye is on the Sparrow" in Sister Act 2? No? Just me? Great.

Let's be honest, the list of Necessities for Life as Married Adults is getting longer as we speak. And it is, of course, just added on to our normal I'm a College Student With a Busy Life list. I, a lover of to-do lists, keep all those daunting and unchecked items hidden between the pages of my planner, expecting us to get to them one day. Though my goal is to not allow stress to ruin anything about this process, we are definitely not in freak-out zone yet.

All of a sudden, the Lord provides. And I'm surprised. Again. Because I did nothing. And, again, I am humbled by a sovereign, loving God. And I wonder if the process had been different if I had shown confidence in the Lord all along. The details are not necessary, but they range from catering to future housing. And God provided. I'm definitely not preaching the prosperity gospel - a God who gives us all we need for a comfortable life. Comfort is not what we're seeking. The problem is, I realized I wasn't really seeking anything. I was just waiting until I found the time to take care of it myself. I'm thankful for His grace and provision to a I'll-do-it-myself [aka stubborn] kind of girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment