9.17.2011

grilled pizza

Though I sometimes feel like I see my husband about 36 minutes weekly, I have actually gotten to cook for him a few times. And use all those shiny new gadgets that we feel undeserving to have. But our tiny little kitchen is very grateful. I think it makes it feel prettier.

Let's talk about how much I love grilled pizza. It's a new found love. It didn't take long, and I didn't hate myself like I do after most pizza-gorging. And, yes, it can be done on a George Foreman.

You will need:
Pizza dough [I used Pillsbury that I got with a coupon]
Fresh vegetables - rustically chopped
           Tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, onion, and more!
Sliced or shredded mozzarella
Pesto
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Parmesean
Fresh basil

As little of chopping as possible gives that great rustic texture. And a little S&P when grilling.


I cover them in tin foil and set them inside the oven until needed. The oven isn't on, so I'm not really sure how it helps. It's just what my grandmother has always done. And, when it comes to cooking, you don't question Loyce. 

The pizza dough could not have been easier. Make sure to keep it refrigerated until you are ready to grill. Shape it into the size of your grilling area. Brush the grill with EVOO and place the dough on top. I closed it in the George for 1-2 minutes. The top will begin to look puffy. If the dough releases easily from the grill with tongs and is decently stiff on the underside, it's ready to flip.

It makes the most delicious dough. Soft center, slightly crunchy outside, and that grilled taste. YUM. 

It should look something like this...

The other side of the dough will grill after you add the toppings. This also helps to press them down and somewhat stay in place so you don't look like a total monster attempting to eat it.




This was after I tried to strategically slide the pizza onto my platter. The garnish serves two roles: makes it more delish and hides the travel scars.

And if you happen to have your entire [and AMAZING] wedding cake topper that you only had the will power to save until you made one month of marriage, it pairs nicely.



Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. *Drooool* wow this looks easy!!! I loooove grilled veggies!!!

    ReplyDelete