1.23.2013

cinnamon almond granola

This is a big day, y'all. I finally made granola that I really liked and that I didn't burn.

Mir-a-cle.

I kept it simple with two of my favorite things - cinnamon and almonds - and wanted to share!



Cinnamon Almond Granola

  • 4 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup wheat germ [optional]
  • 3 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons salt [unless you are using almonds that are plenty salty]
  • 6 tablespoons oil [I used canola]
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3 teaspoons almond extract
  • 1 cups almonds [I chopped 3/4 of mine and left 1/4 whole]
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
  2. Combine oats, wheat germ, cinnamon, and salt
  3. In a separate bowl, combine oil, honey, sugar, and almond extract
  4. Combine the honey and sugar mixture with the oat mixture until well coated [I like to leave some clumps]
  5. Spread on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes
  6. Stir and flip the granola and add the almonds
  7. Bake for another 10 minutes, watching closely and stirring once more half way through the cook time
I keep it in a big sealed Pyrex container. It's breakfast. It's a snack. It's dinner. It's awesome. Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment