1.07.2013

resolutions

With a whirlwind of a weekend immediately following the new year, I'm setting a few resolutions a week late. I'd gladly trade one of 2013's fifty two weeks of [hopefully] healthy habits for our quick New England trip that we drug ourselves home from early this morning. But more on that later.

1) Read more regularly. I certainly love to read, but currently at a sporadic pace with no habit of always picking up a book before bed or any other time. Currently on the list:

-Creative, Inc. by Meg Mateo Ilasco and Joy Cho

-When Sinners Say I Do by Dave Harvey [a yearly re-read]

-Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist [when it fiiiiinally comes out]

-George and Laura: A Portrait of an American Marriage by Christopher Andersen [almost finished!]

-So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore [since I've been meaning to read it for the last three years]



2) Make the bed everyday. Not most days, but everyday. Along with that, there's hope to follow a quick daily cleaning schedule and seriously declutter.



3) Be more intentional with encouragement whether it is in the form of a note, a gift, a text, or simply using my words more intentionally and in the moment.



4) Get involved in our new church. We think we may have finally found a new church home in SC. I should say The Lord has graciously provide one for us!



5) Have no addictions but Jesus. I'm looking at you, carbs and sugar.



6) Continue to pursue these career dreams of mine.



Happy 2013 fellow bloggers and blog readers! It's going to be a great year.



2 comments:

  1. Love all your books you listed. So Long Insecurity has been on my "to read" list for eons as well!

    ReplyDelete