7.20.2011

wedding wednesday: fly by

I think someone told me that the weeks leading up to a wedding begin to fly by. I wish this had been a take-my-face-into-their-hands kind of statement in order to convey this with more permanence. I mean, could someone please tell where the last month has gone? Because I must have been in a shower food induced coma for it. We've covered most of the to-do list. At this point, whatever gets done - gets done. Whatever doesn't - doesn't matter. Because we'll still get to spend the weekend surrounded by the people we love. And we'll still be married at the end of it.


Speaking of the people we love, we have felt overwhelmingly blessed and undeserving by the love, support and generosity that we've experienced during this engagement time. I mean...totally overwhelming. I've loved that this time has given us a reason to be around family and friends that we don't see as often. After August 6th, I'll have to find another excuse.





There is something about being with people who know you so well. It's filling. Or fulfilling. Or a better word that I can't put my finger on at the moment.





Reunited with my fellow bestie bride-to-be!


Here's to the home stretch!

4 comments:

  1. I want to whole heartedly believe that the last months fly by! I am SO glad that my week by week to-do list is pretty packed. need routine. need busy-ness. LOVE that your wedding is in the middle of it all! YOU BECOME MRS. JENKINS IN 17 DAYS! HOLY MOLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your eyes wide open, sweet Meg. It's in these last days as a single woman that so many people are before you. Embrace al the wisdom that comes to you. As my nostalgic connoisseur, take to heart, everything. For it will be months and years later that our sweet Jesus will bring to mind a memory and you'll be glad you had it! Praying for you and Dustin and wishing I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your eyes wide open, sweet Meg. It's in these last days as a single woman that so many people are before you. Embrace al the wisdom that comes to you. As my nostalgic connoisseur, take to heart, everything. For it will be months and years later that our sweet Jesus will bring to mind a memory and you'll be glad you had it! Praying for you and Dustin and wishing I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog header! Such a great first impression.

    ReplyDelete