8.29.2011

the sixth of august

To the sixth of August, two thousand and eleven:

I am glad to have known you and [mostly] glad that you are gone. I'm glad for the anticipation and excitement you built and for the relief and enjoyment your presence offered. I'm glad for the way you granted a generous amount of togetherness. I'm glad you brought with you a shiny-new hubs, a shiny-new time of life and a lot of remembrance of how we got here. I'm glad that the Lord shined his face upon you and blessed every minute of your existence. I'm glad that, though you did not defy impossibility by being 100% flawless [though, almost], you were absolutely perfect where it mattered.

Your morning was ideal - not even setting an alarm, a shabby chic bridesmaids luncheon filled with handwritten notes, laughing, crying, and priceless advice from my second moms. Oh, and really awesome cheesecake and peach tea. Your afternoon was a joy of a whirlwind - doing hair [sorry, curls - you didn't survive the August heat], getting dressed with my favorite females, smelling the most beautiful bouquet I've ever smelled [or seen], exchanging gifts with the future mister via messenger mail, and lots and lots of pictures. Your evening was enchanting - gripping my daddy's arm at the sound of Come Thou Fount, craning to see my groom over the congregation, a teary eyed father of the bride, groom, pastor, and best men, worshipping with our wedding guests, more pictures, lots of candlelight, dancing, good good cake, and doing all those wedding reception traditions you can't imagine yourself doing until it happens.

I can't wait to hang your pictures all over my walls and tell our grandkids about you. Thanks for being the unquestionable best day of my life. And thanks bunches for not raining.

All my love,
Meagan Jenkins

P.S. Here's a few snapshots of you that I stole off Facebook














No comments:

Post a Comment