6.08.2011

wedding wednesday: moving and a shaking

I spent my weekend in Ruston [aka the wedding-planning mothership] for the main purpose of adding some checks to that to-do list. It was suc-cess-ful!

Over the past several years, I've saved over 1,000 photos in my "Wedding Ideas" folder. I'm a little more embarrassed of that now that I read it out loud. It's just because I've been wedding-obsessed since I was little bitty. Well, very young. I was never actually little bitty.

You can imagine that I wouldn't want to include that many ideas into one wedding, so I had to majorly scale it down into one concise vision. Which is super fun, I might add. So, I thought I'd give all you faithful readers a sneak-peek of some of the ideas we chose to incorporate. None of them will be exactly like the inspiration pictures - got to put our own vintage spin on them, of course. And it won't ruin a surprise on the big day [which is officially less than two months away...WHOA]. 


1. Lots and lots and lots of candlelight 
























2. Lots of beautiful girls in a beautiful neutral platinum 


























3. Blush, "ruffly" flowers, as we call them






































4. Vintage hang-tag programs - really excited to get to make these!















































5. Old family photos to remind family and guests of their big days
























6. Bread bread bread - thankfully, our awesome caterer just spent a couple months in Italy and fell deeper in love with my favorite food

































7. Door letters - the next item on the DIY list















































It's also safe to say that we'll have enough mercury glass to use it on every surface of our home...for the rest of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. well if you need to rid yourself of some mercury glass you know where to send it ;)

    ReplyDelete