6.29.2011

wedding wednesday: picture perfect

I'm certainly a picture lover. My desk and dresser function more as photo galleries than study and storage space. I spent what D calls "our entire life savings" [slight exaggeration] on my first child. I mean...my camera. 

I'm thankful that our photographer, Kevin Beasley, is such a dear friend of the family. He knows and loves us so well, and I know he'll capture the big day perfectly. For me, it might be a little more important than it should be. Or at least more important than others think it is. No pressure, Kev.

I want to remember the moments and details of this predicted best-day-of-our-lives-so-far. I want to be able to see what my dress and shoes and flowers looked like after they are old and yellowed. I want pictures surrounded by family and friends before I don't have them all in the same place for a long time. I want photographs packed with emotion and light and love. I want a ruggedly handsome picture of my new hubby while he's got lots of lovely hair. [Though I'll still think he's handsome when he has no hair at all]. I want to, one day, be able to snuggle up to some soft-skinned granddaughters and stinky grandsons and tell them, over and over again, about the day that we got married. About how we didn't think we could love one another any more than we did way back on August 6, 2011. About how wrong we were about that.

So, for this Wednesday, I thought I'd dig into my "Wedding Ideas" vault and pull out some pictures of other's big days. Here are my faves:


1 comment:

  1. No pressure at all. As you know I have been especially waiting for your wedding day to originate and to arrive. Because I shot journalistically, you can anticipate seeing images full of love, life, and emotion from your wedding day. I am glad your standards are both high and through. Most of all having your trust to be able to photograph your every moment means everything toward my success in meeting and exceeding your photographic desires of your wedding day. Love ya :-)

    -kev

    ReplyDelete