I haven't been able to decide if we should go with a new and creative idea or stick with the classic. When I envision it, I can only picture all of my favorite old wedding movies where the happy couple run through a shower of rice. And since rice has supposedly become a hazard for the birds [and I'm definitely not down for endangering any of my favorite creatures], I'm leaning towards the bird seed option.
With so many adorable ideas out there, it's hard to choose!
- Love this easy DIY cone with instructions.
- But I love a cone made out of doily MORE.
- Ecofetti is biodegradable and water soluble so all you have to do is pray for a post-reception rain shower. And they have lots of colors to mix and match.
- A little bird seed. A little sewing machine. Totally doable.
- Paper airplanes - super creative for a super cool couple.
- I feel like these need a little explaining. I don't do heart-shaped items...normally. Not a fan of heart jewelry, heart decor. Nothing against it, but it's just not my thing. But there is something totally cutesy about these heart sparklers.
I'll be on the hunt [meaning, Googling] for rice-shaped, white birdseed. So if you see any at your local home garden store, let me know.