11.14.2011

interchangeable

When purchasing the floater frame that is on our mantel, my intentions were to be able to rotate its contents out depending on color or season or holiday or if something just happens to strike my fancy.

This is another 8x10 that I created for this [quickly approaching] holiday that is centered around thankfulness. Food, also. But that's beside the point. The print [which is below] maybe downloaded here.



As much as I have to be thankful for this season - my precious and new marriage to Dustin, my family, my life-sharing friends, our incredible church, a job - nothing compares to my thankfulness for the salvation which I have been given through a call to faith in Jesus Christ many years ago. I am confident that without Jesus' atoning sacrifice, it would be impossible for me to be looked at as righteous through the Lord's supreme and holy eyes. And I, someone who does not like to ask for help, am completely overwhelmed with how I am fully helpless I would be in a quest for righteousness. Nothing I could do would ever compare. My Lord is the only hero here. And my dependence is in him.

Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

Romans 6:16-20

No comments:

Post a Comment