2.17.2012

a very louisiana weekend

In the spirit of Mardi Gras and because we're doing our best to soak up [and purchase] all things Louisiana before moving to the not-so-creole state of South Carolina, I bring you a few Bayou State favorites.

Mardi Gras circa 1900 [via]


Did you know about the slight changes in our flag over the years? Details, people. Details.

A mighty large boot, but I totally love it. I've entered to win it - fingers crossed!

A pillow cover to add to my mix-matched collection.

A print to hang on the wall next to my coveted L. Young canvas [I have the cotton one].

It's fascinating to me how star-studded Mardi Gras has become [check out number 12 - how hilarious is that?]

One day, our children must sport this, this, and this.

A trail I'd like to follow.

And tour I'd like to peddle through.

With a not-so-abundant supply in SC, I will have to master the king cake. And this too.


Laissez les bons temps rouler, y'all!


4 comments:

  1. our freshman year, Bluebell made king cake ice cream!! it was ahhh-mazing! i have looked for it every year since but haven't had any luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for featuring my pillow! i see it has gotten me some views on my etsy shop : ) your blog is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Glad to do it. I love your shop and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw it in the grocery store this season! I didn't let myself by an entire half gallon.

    ReplyDelete