12.06.2011

michael and many more


When we attended Secret Church about a month ago, we received the privilege of celebrating with Dr. David Platt as he announced to the 50,000-person audience that they were officially adopting a beautiful baby girl from China. The confirmation had come just that morning.

A few weeks later, Dustin sent me the link to his blog which documented their adoption journey to meet Mara Ruth. This is another time that I am thankful for technology. I'm thankful that he has the means and is willing to share this step-by-step process with us.

This quick post of mine isn't to express an opinion about their journey or adoption in general. It is simply to pass on the story of the few children and a teenager that he mentions in one of his last posts.

Even if this only causes a few more pairs of eyes to encounter Brandon, Bobby, Michael, Paul, and John, it is worth the extra awareness. I encourage you to keep on sharing! Tonight I will go to bed greatly burdened for these children - especially Michael. And I will wonder why I get to experience the love parents and siblings when I am so undeserving. Dustin is right when he reminded me that we are blessed to be a blessing, and we will continue to pray for the Lord to reveal what that looks like in our lives. Even though I wish, possibly more than anything, that we could adopt this nearly 14-year-old boy right this very minute, I know that the Lord's timing is perfect. If nothing else, we can pray - with heavy hearts - for Michael and the others.


No comments:

Post a Comment