12.01.2011

o christmas tree

Last night saw my first ever evergreen-topped car and our first married Christmas tree. And now all I want to do is soak up as much time in the glow of its large, old fashion bulbs. Oh and the smell. Oh my gosh the smell.


This is his, "hey look touch with your knife," pose.


Our tree doesn't really have one modern quality. I went a little past just vintage-inspired with the large lights, old glass ornaments, and tinsel. Yep, tinsel. Its shiny and fool proof and charming - what more could you want? My parents helped me gather all those wonderful glass balls at some local antique shops, and they gifted us with the Shiny Brights which were remade by Christopher Radko. They also sent us my absolute favorite ornament of all time: the Just Married car!


24 days. Can you believe it?! These next four weeks are my absolute favorite.

3 comments:

  1. a car? How cute!
    Isn't real the best? Happy tinseling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, ma'am! y'all need to come share the season's glow with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun...I haven't had a real tree in years...:*(

    ReplyDelete