3.13.2012

for good

Let me paint this picture for you.

Howling wind, blowing rain, very close lightening and thunder.

A dress made out of knit jersey (let's just say it blows in the wind), new heels that are cutting into my feet, a pitiful umbrella, an arm full of very necessary papers.

Now combine those two things, and you'll find me trying to get back to my office yesterday after a meeting. Oh, and be sure to add an inside-out umbrella, wet hair, and a solid limp thanks to my terrible shoes.

Session will certainly be more than I thought. More time, more to learn, more energy. Early morning and late nights and meetings that I never thought I'd be sitting in. And when I'm sitting in those meetings, I think, "I just want to be a florist!" I have no answer for you why God has this for me during this soon-to-end season of my life. But, with sore feet and puffy eyes, I'll try to remember that He has a plan and that His plan is for my good. Might not be comfy and convenient - but good. And as simple as that concept seems, it was really all there was to be said at the end of last night, a bad night. And I'm glad D reminded me of that in my stubbornness.

So here's to new hours and meetings and finding comfy high heels. And forgiveness if I'm a terrible blogger. 

3 comments:

  1. I love you. Stevo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna do great and believe me session will flyyyyy! All we can see is what is in front of us, we have to remember to be grateful that our God can see the picture we can't see :) Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Cait! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete