3.20.2012

thanks to D

This post's purpose is not to fool you into thinking I have the perfect husband or that we have the perfect marriage. We are two incredibly imperfect people.

This post's purpose is not foster any form of comparison. Every relationship is different, and all of them have mountains as well as valleys. And we so stink at being anything good sometimes.

This post's purpose is to thank D and to thank him publicly. After celebrating so many weddings and other exciting milestones, I've learned the importance of saying something. And, even more so, saying it in front of others as a blessing. Not to say that private blessings are insignificant, but we'll save whispering those sweet nothings for another time, ok? Ok. 

Last week was a bad week, and I don't normally have bad weeks. But last week was one if I've ever lived it. The Lord using D in my life was my saving grace - of that I am sure.

Thank you to D for...

  • Not letting the fact that I cried more days last week than not freak you out. 
  • Your calming spirit.
  • Not saying, "well, are you not going to ask me about my day?!" when I was too wrapped up in my own dramas.
  • Tirelessly encouraging me to spend time in the Word even when I had sleepy, heavy eyes. 
  • Being totally fine with the fact that I blew your perfectly balanced budget on comfort food in the form of frozen yogurt. 
  • Staying with me and the rest of two-years-olds after your Pastor Search Team meeting which you totally didn't sign up for.
  • Not being discouraged by my totally downer of a self. Or at least not showing it. 
  • Being awesome at doing the dishes. 
  • Saving me a part of your St. Patty's Day cupcake even though I had devoured my own a couple days earlier.
  • Your example of diligence and perseverance in the face of senior design projects, family responsibilities, and church duties.
  • Praying for me. 

 Praise God for using your encouragement and answering your prayers.




This week, I pray...

  • That the Lord will bless you and keep you, that He will make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you (Numbers 6:24-25). 
  • That you will be strengthened by grace that is Christ (2 Timothy 2:1). 
  • That you would be strong, courageous, unafraid, and encouraged (Joshua 1:9). 
  • That you would continue to pursue graciousness, compassion, and righteousness (Psalm 112:4). 
  • That you would be filled with the knowledge of His will (Colossians 1:9).
  • That blessings would come from hearing the Word of God and obeying it (Luke 11:28).
  •  That the Lord would keep you from harm (Psalm 121:7).
  • That the Lord would fill me with His grace in order to be able to love you better, to put you before myself, and to bless each of your days.

No comments:

Post a Comment