3.27.2012

nat's having a baby!

One year ago yesterday, I was a little teary eyed, wearing a long blue dress, trying not to lock my knees, and watching Nat walk down the aisle to become an Arant. This officially feels like it was four days ago.

Saturday we threw her a baby shower. Time flies, man!

Nat is our token Baton Rouge girl. What's great about this is that, over the years, we've gotten the opportunity to become honorary members of the Sutton clan. Or at least I've decided I am whether they claim me or not. Meredith and myself were able to host Nat's shower along with her sister and two of her wonderful aunts at Aunt Mitzi's beautiful garden district home. It's my dream home, and I think I'm going to move in next week.


Did I mention that the weather could not have been more perfect? We snagged one of the 3.7 Louisiana Spring days.


We went with the baby animal theme since Amanda found these cute invitations. And, come on, who doesn't love baby animals? You don't? Did you know that you don't have a soul? I'm kind of kidding. Actually I'm kind of not.


Mere made the diaper cake, and I tried my hand at flower arranging. This could potentially be a new addiction. Soon we'll need a flower category in our budget. We could totally steal from groceries, right? Or maybe health care. Toiletries?


The menu: coconut bird nest cupcakes, chocolate monkey and flower cupcakes, individual cheese grits with sundried tomatoes, mini quiches, fresh veggies, chocolate covered strawberries, dainty chicken salads, fruit salad, fresh orange juice, and coffee punch. You know - all the good stuff.


Along with all the great food, we had a great turn out resulting in lots of squishy and soft and adorable baby gifts. I was so happy for Nat!


I am certainly shower-game-weary, but baby shower bingo was such a hit. A shocking hit. People wanted those perfectly-matching monkey Scentportable, y'all!

It couldn't have gone more wonderful - exactly what I wanted for our little mama-to-be. The best part of the shower? Sitting around afterward, reminiscing about what a success it was, and finishing off the rest of the shower food. All of it.

2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes are absolutely precious, and your flowers look so great!  Do you know where the Baby Bingo came from?  I am hosting a baby shower this weekend, and that might be a good last minute game to throw into the mix...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Emily! Natalie's Aunt downloaded them from here: 
    http://www.plan-the-perfect-baby-shower.com/babyshower-bingo1.html

    You cross off your bingo square as she opens the gifts. Her sister was really specific with what the gift was (like the difference between booties and socks or sleepers and onesies) which made everyone really get into it!

    ReplyDelete