3.02.2012

my surprise date with andrew peterson

OK, Dustin was there too. And Steven Curtis Chapman and Josh Wilson. Oh, and about 132 guitars, a few mandolins, a couple banjos, a cello, an upright base, and a ukulele.


My very nice husband [the only one I go on dates with] surprised me and made an ordinary Thursday night very memorable! My present day self was most excited about Andrew Peterson. I am a big BIG fan of his song writing and musical style. But my seventh grade Baptist kid self was freaking out on the inside knowing S.C.C. was about to sing The Great Adventure LIVE. And Live Out Loud. And Dive! In other news, Josh Wilson's guitar skills are incredibly impressive/insane. And I really enjoyed his voice. KLOVE totally doesn't let you in on this.


It was certainly an encouraging night. All of them spoke candidly and lovingly about their wives, about this adventure of a life they have found with them, and how they've learned to flourish in their opposite-ness. I danced, I laughed, I cried [mainly during "Dancing in the Minefields" and the Chapman's orphan presentation]. We, along with a bunch of middle-agers and their kids, had a blast.




I'd like to say something about surprise dates: they are a good thing. While I was in Alabama last weekend, D told me we were going on a surprise date sometime this week. Come Thursday, I figured out it would be that night since we're heading to Ruston for a little friends and family time (!!!) this weekend. Can I tell you how nervous I was on the way home? Good nervous. That butterfly type of nervous that I used to get when D knocked on the door to my college apartment. So we've instituted a once-a-month surprise date policy where one of us will plan one month, and the other will plan the next. It's a good thing.

Two things to check out:
1) Show Hope's website where you could consider becoming a sponsor.
2) Steven Curtis Chapman's new CD "re:creation" - S.C.C has got some soul, y'all.
2.5) Andrew Peterson's "Counting Stars" if you haven't yet [even though this is the third time I've mentioned it on this little blog of ours].

Off to the 8-to-5. Happy weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Daniel lOves Andrew Peterson as well,eg! We have

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what happened there. :-). We have Counting Stars and LOVE Dancing in the Minefields. Good taste, girlie!!

    ReplyDelete