3.06.2012

springtime

"Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'" - Robin Williams

"No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn." - Hal Borland

"In the Spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." - Margaret Atwood



Spring has surely sprung in Louisiana.




See? Some years, the azaleas hang on until around Easter. This year they're...eerr...a little early. Like a MONTH. But I'm not complaining. These pink beauties brought with them the most incredible weather which causes me to drag myself [kicking and screaming on the inside] into my windowless office. So you know where to find me on my lunch break. I call these "sunroof days." Louisiana averages about 4.5 per year. We'll take what we can get!

I greet Spring 2012 with some anticipation. A best friend becoming a mother, D graduating, tackling the second half of the first year of marriage, moving. And all the changes and experiences and lessons that come with those circumstances. Just as Winter makes me want to curl up and slow down and reflect, Spring causes me to increase my pace, make changes, and embrace newness.

And who couldn't love Spring? I say this until we're back up into the 90 degree weather. Then I'll complain about my hair falling as soon as I step outside or sweating from my car to the office. But, until then, let's bask in all the freshness Spring brings our flannel-and-firewood-filled eyes.



8 comments:

  1. Spring is beatiful! And I am loving the pictures you used to paint the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send some of that spring time my way? 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading! I really enjoyed your blog - not many people could rock that pink hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll want to be trading you for some coolness very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Taylor and his LadyMarch 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

    wow, spring has definitely sprung. and what beautiful images you have tagged along with it! loving that wedding dress / bouquet, pillow, and of course the ice cream!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for reading! I recognize your blog name from my friend Blake at Fearless. It's a small [blog] world. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for reading! I recognize your blog name from my friend Blake at Fearless. It's a small [blog] world

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I am so jealous of the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete