3.12.2012

nervous and exhausted

Today, out come the black clothes, blazers and heels as the Louisiana Legislature convenes the 2012 Legislative Session. They will stand in stark contrast to my weekend filled with dust rags, hardback books, coral pants, long talks with a [very pregnant] best friend, lemonade, and sippy cups.

I'll be honest - I'm nervous. As a committee watcher, I'll be meeting with other Governor's Office staff on the days that the specific committees I'll be watching meet. And several other details that I need not bore you with. As a student worker, I laid low with only having to welcome guests and answer phones. Busy - yes. Pressure - not much. Chip, the BEST BOSS EVER, said he'd show this youngin the ropes.

Session does bring with it a little excitement. The excitement wears off, of course. But the romantic inside of me can't help but appreciate the seersucker suits of deep south politicians, the sound of the hustle on the Capitol's marble floors, and the idea that I could be experiencing the leaders make historical impacts on our state. But I am nervous.

Why exhausted? Stinking daylight savings time completely rocks my world. And because of this:


My yesterday: extended session in the nursery, babysitting three adorable siblings, and keeping the nursery again during equipping classes. Back to back to back. Moms - you are my hero.

Happy Monday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment